Then I got a piece of hand-dyed fabric that was about 45" long and around 18" wide and divided it up into sections and started filling them in after sandwiching it with some batting and backing. I started on Sunday morning, and worked on it about 5 hours that day, and wasn't anywhere near done by the end of the day.
It seemed like an endless task--I think I used about 9-10 bobbins altogether in this piece. Thank goodness I have some large spools of thread! The thread here was Isacord, in a periwinkle color. It's a very nice 50 wt. thread, and my machine really likes it. I bought it at my LQS because they only carry the basics in Aurifil (black, white, beige) but carry hundreds of Isacord colors.
Some close-up pictures of the various designs I used. Of course, they weren't too much like my original drawing, I like to change my mind while I'm sewing. I kind of sketch them in with a chalk pencil so I have an idea what I'm going to do in each section. Sometimes I follow the lines, sometimes I don't.
I sewed for about an hour before work every day this week, then at least 1-2 hours each evening. Lots of stitches...
This is the only picture that shows the true color of this piece, maybe because I've been taking pictures at either 5:30 in the morning or after 6:30 at night.
I still have to trim it up, bind it, and wash it to get all of my chalk lines out of it. Then I'll take a picture of the whole thing during the daylight this weekend. It'll probably end up as a table runner, since it's definitely big enough. This was fun, but I should have done a smaller piece!