Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The weather is finally hot

Hot enough to do some sun printing.  Madelyn, 3 yrs old, helped me out one Sunday.  We used some Setacolor and Dynaflow paints on wetted fabric, then put leaves on the fabric, and waited about 1/2 hour.

Here is Madelyn's first piece:

We also used a big stencil and some purple and white fabric paint and stenciled some flowers on some purple fabric.  I'm free motioning it now, I hope it will become a pillow...

And finally, I did some color blocked screen printing with thickened dyes.  I'm not sure about this 
piece, I like the colors, but do I cut it up or leave it whole and quilt it?  Right now it's draped across the back of a chair where I can look at it and figure out what to do with it.

I've been taking pictures with my phone, it updated automatically yesterday, now the pictures are HUGE if you click on them.  If anyone reads this blog, I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix them.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Did some printing this week

I found some fat quarters that I had dyed various shades of yellow at some time, can't remember when, but I got them out and applied a beeswax resist, then scraped some thickened dyes on them.

The colors I used were Cobalt Blue and Tangerine.  For this one I used a carved potato to make the circle shape:

I carved the sand dollar shape for this piece into the other half of the potato:

And for this larger piece I used a potato masher dipped into the beeswax:
Funny how the same colors came out so differently on these pieces.  I have more pieces but don't enjoy trying to post with this darn iPad...