Saturday, May 16, 2015

Did some printing this week

I found some fat quarters that I had dyed various shades of yellow at some time, can't remember when, but I got them out and applied a beeswax resist, then scraped some thickened dyes on them.

The colors I used were Cobalt Blue and Tangerine.  For this one I used a carved potato to make the circle shape:

I carved the sand dollar shape for this piece into the other half of the potato:

And for this larger piece I used a potato masher dipped into the beeswax:
Funny how the same colors came out so differently on these pieces.  I have more pieces but don't enjoy trying to post with this darn iPad...

1 comment:

  1. Very cool effects! I finally got the invite to the group on FB. Thanks!