I was quilting fairly late (for me) Saturday night, around 7:30, when I realized I had quilted one of the edges down somehow and caught a bunch of it in my quilting. Too tired, I guess...so 15 minutes of stitching meant 3 hours of unpicking Sunday morning. But it's fixed now, that's all that matters.
And the other day I saw something on Carol Eaton's blog that looked interesting so I thought I'd try it. Wrap some whiffle balls in some fabric, then use fabric paints to color it.
I used some Pfd cotton topped by some silk gauze, then Dynaflow and Setacolor paints. They looked pretty awesome at this point.
It took over two days for it all to dry, finally unwrapped it all Sunday, and it was a dismal failure.
This is the silk gauze:
And the cotton piece looks even worse, all the paint collected around the whiffle balls.
So I'll probably dye this piece with procion dyes...if it ever warms up enough here.
Love you Leo!
Linking up with Nina Marie today!