Monday, March 29, 2010

Dark & Stormy Night

There were seven separate tornado warnings in Davidson County (NC) where I live. Kind of a dark & stormy night, how appropriate that I was working on quilting this when I heard the first one come over the TV:
It was a pretty productive weekend otherwise, I got some of my already-dyed fabric batiked like this:
This fabric was first dyed in Warm Yellow (Procion) and I really like the color. These have then been soaked in bleach/water, then in vinegar/water (discharge), and are ready to be redyed. I'm thinking fuschia will be the next color for them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really love your batiks! I've been experimenting with beeswax and procion as well, but I find the soda ash seems to eat away at the wax, especially if I want to do 2 or 3 layers. Do you have any tips? How does the discharge affect the wax? Your pink and yellow swirls look amazing, the bleach and vinegar didn't touch the resist at all! Lovely work!
    m.

    ReplyDelete