Friday, March 30, 2012

Candiotic table


I've been taking an on-line class called Dyeing 101: Controlling Color, and one of the assignments is to create a Candiotic Table using two sets of primary dyes and creating 66 colors for each set. (That's 132 colors) Then these 4" swatches are fused and mounted on a background fabric and labeled so that the colors can be recreated easily in the future.

I had all of mine dyed and mounted (finally!) when I noticed this the other night. That bubble gum pink piece looks a little out of place.

I'm not sure what happened, maybe I didn't follow the formula correctly, maybe I was off counting my millileters. But I really should have noticed it before fusing it on the background.




I've redyed another swatch, and need to fuse it on tonight after work. Final step is to print out a page of labels on a piece of fabric and fuse them to the corners. Then I'm done with this assignment, and on to the next.


Aren't these colors just beautiful?


For anyone who wants to learn more about precise dyeing, this class is wonderful! Check out Candied Fabrics.

2 comments: