This technique is really simple, and goes together quickly. It's a little busier than I would have liked, but acceptable for my first try. Without the border, it measures around 27 x 27 inches.
Anyways, I quilted this on Sunday for the SewCalGal free motion quilting project of the month. For July, Angela Walters had a tiled method of free motion quilting, where you divide the piece into separate "tiles" or areas and quilt each section, then move on to the next.
This was almost too easy after the last few challenges!
The thread I used was a Madeira Neon Pink in a 50 weight. The spool was just a tiny bit too big for my machine to fit comfortably in either the vertical or horizontal position, but I finally hit on a combination that worked. Lots of broken threads to bury. I have to get better at burying them as I go, instead of waiting until the end.
The only picture I took of the whole piece was out of focus--that's what happens when you try to rush things at 6:00 a.m. while rushing around getting ready for work.
It's actually supposed to cool down into the 90s today and tomorrow, and maybe be in the 80s later in the week. What a relief!