Saturday, September 29, 2012

September Free Motion Challenge

This month's FM challenge was presented by Paula Reid, and I really hoped it would include some trapunto, but it didn't.  The challenge was very similar to the one presented by Don Linn a few months ago, I used the technique he taught to transfer the design to my fabric (like I'm sure a lot of others did).
Instead if spending money on the bats that Paula used, I found a piece of rubbermaid shelf protector and cut a small piece off.
This worked really well, I didn't even need my gloves for quilting this small piece.  This idea wasn't mine, I had seen it a couple of years ago on some other blog.
 Anyway, here is my finished challenge piece, the thread I used was a buttery yellow Aurifil 50 weight, and I used a green chalk pen to transfer my design.  Once it's washed out, the yellow should should up better!


  1. Looks lovely! Good for you for getting it done.

  2. Your sample looks good! I should have done mine in a better contrasting thread too so it would show up better.

  3. Looks beautiful and great idea using the Rubbermaid shelving protector.