This first one is done, so it's officially off the design wall now. I used my hand dyed fabrics, some shibori (that I just loved making) and I finished sewing the binding on this week.
And this is a piece I'm nearly finished working on. Just have to hand sew the facing around it, hopefully this weekend. Both of these are pieces that I might enter in "Art Quilts Water"--the deadline for entries has been extended until November 1st, which gives me a little more time.
The blue and rust fabric is some that I rusted by wrapping around the burn barrel in my backyard a few weeks ago, then dyed it with a Mixing Blue MX dye.
It's pretty heavily quilted now, and I'm trying to decide if the orientation of the piece should be vertical or horizontal. I took a picture of the whole thing, but it turned out too dark, so I can't post it.
So, that's it for me this week. I know that Monday is Columbus Day, but here in the south, it's just a regular working day. And it's Thanksgiving in Canada, so Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians out there!